- Start date(s):
- 29 Jan 2018
- 6 weeks
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
This course offers learners the perfect introduction to key computer skills. You will develop the skills and knowledge required to enhance Word documents and create spreadsheets and databases.
This course will allow you to use a personal computer and work with desktop icons, windows and folders.
It will enable you to perform routine internet-related tasks safely and to prepare simple documents using Word to write business letters, using basic spreadsheets, as well as enabling you to gain confidence in how to use a computer.
- You will learn the basics of Computers Skills
- How to use the Internet, including searching, buying and safety issues while using the internet
- Understanding Word and the use of various tools to enhance your Document such as letters, leaflets and invitations
- How to create a spreadsheet and turning this into a chart which can help present your ideas in a more understandable manner
- You will learn the use of basic formulas for keeping your accounts
- You will learn how to create a database and how work the programme, including searching a database and how to mail merge.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
View our refund policy for 2017/18 for further and higher education programmes and full cost courses.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
You are not required to have an interview to gain access to this course.
There are no entry requirments for this course.