- Start date(s):
- 26 Feb 2018
- 8 weeks
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
You will work with different types of flowers to practise various arranging techniques. You will develop an awareness of good quality flowers, and will understand how to condition them. You will be able to arrange flowers, taking into account scale and proportion.
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge needed to buy and maintain good quality flowers. You will learn different arranging techniques, and how to arrange flowers based on scale and proportion. You will work with orchids and create Mother’s Day cards and Midollino frames.
- Introduction to Health and Safety. Specimens and Geometric designs
- Vertical and L-shape
- Diagonal balance, Triangle crescent
- Triangle crescent, scale and proportion, inverted crescent
- Crescents, rhythm, design wit Orchids
- Design with Orchids, contrast, horizontal with wire
- Horizontal with wire, dominance, Mother’s day cards
- Mother’s Day cards and Midollino frames
- Midollino bouquets and feedback.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
Every week, you will engage in practical activities that will be assessed by your tutor. Question and answer activities will be delivered throughout the course.
Tutor will recommend appropriate websites for research.
View our refund policy for 2017/18 for further and higher education programmes and full cost courses.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
You are not required to have an interview to gain access to this course.
There are no entry requirments for this course.