This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to enable you to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective group exercise to music sessions.
This qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2 and is achieved in the context of gym.
Our full-time sport courses will ensure students develop the hands-on expertise and knowledge the sport sector requires.
You will have access to excellent training facilities, physical resources and industry standard fitness testing equipment.
This is a technical level qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills required for a career as a sports massage therapist.
The course consists of a two main elements:
- A practical element which will be delivered onsite by a fully qualified and experienced member of the sports team.
- A theoretical element which will be delivered via distance learning. For this you will receive all of the resources you need as well as online tutor support. You will need to have access to a computer and the internet to do this.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Knowing how to support clients
- Health and Safety in fitness
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym based exercise
- Instructing gym based exercise
- Producing a portfolio of evidence
- Risk assessment safety planning documents
- Session evaluation
- Direct observation of candidate instructing a gym session
- Standardised worksheet.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
You will complete a 1hr theory paper consisting of 25 multiple choice questions, plus a 1hr 45 minute theory paper consisting of fifty multiple choice questions.
Maths and English
Maths and English skills are essential for the workplace and university.
If you have not achieved a new grade 9-4 or do not hold an A* to C in GCSE maths or English, do not worry, your study programme at college will include teaching that will support you to progress your skills in these subjects. If you achieved a grade 3 or hold a D in either maths or English, you will have the opportunity to re-sit your GCSE qualification with us. If your grade was lower than a 3, or your qualification is below a D, you will study Functional Skills. These qualifications will help you enhance your maths and English skills and can be taken at levels between Entry Level 1 up to and including Level 2. Even if you have already achieved a grade 4 or above, or hold a A* to C, we will continue to develop your skills and help you progress further.
View our refund policy for 2016/17 for further and higher education programmes and full cost courses.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
You will be invited into college for an informal interview.
No formal qualifications are needed but a keen interest in exercise, fitness and dance would be favourable.