Level 2 Spanish
- Start date(s):
- 24 Jan 2018
- 20 weeks
- Level 2
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
This course is designed to help you to take your Spanish to the next level. You will be able to engage in increasingly advanced conversations, express opinions on a wide range of subjects, and cope confidently in everyday situations.
You will develop not just language skills but also a real feel for Hispanic cultures as it is taught by a qualified tutor who is a native speaker of the language.
The aim of this course is to improve your existing language skills through a variety of activities. You will develop the skills needed to help you express yourself more confidently in Spanish.
You will develop your language skills through the following modules:
- Getting to know people
- Talking about your day
- Obtaining information and advice
- Enquiring about accommodation (for renting or holidays)
- Finding your way around
- Explaining situations
- Talking about going on holiday and past holidays
- Making and replying to suggestions or/and invitations
- Commenting on a meal, showing appreciation.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
Teaching and assessment will be interactive to provide you with plenty opportunities to practice the language in real life situations.
Study resources include:
- Printed materials
- Video clips
- Recordings by native Spanish speakers
- Useful websites with a variety of online activities.
You will be supported throughout the programme, and will be encouraged to engage in independent learning.
There is no formal examination for this course.
If you wish to take the study of the language further you may choose to progress onto a Level 3 Spanish course at New College Durham .
Learning another language will help you to:
- Develop an understanding of another culture and society.
- Network with people from around the world and be more marketable and have a greater worth in the labour market.
- Speak another language with confidence will enrich travel experiences.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
View our refund policy for 2017/18 for further and higher education programmes and full cost courses.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
You are not required to have an interview to gain access to this course.
There are no entry requirments for this course.