This qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to work with individuals & groups of clients in a personal training setting.
Take our virtual tour to explore the college and take a closer look at our excellent facilities. See for yourself why it’s such a great place to be!
Congratulations on taking the next step towards an exciting new future with our range of technical and professional full-time and apprenticeship programmes. Enjoy our new TV and online adverts, and find out from our students what it is like to study at a top-performing college.
This is a technical level qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills required for a career as a sports massage therapist.
The course consists of two main elements detailed below:
- A practical element which will be delivered onsite by a fully qualified and experienced member of the sports team.
- A theoretical element which will be delivered via distance learning and on-site. For this you will receive all of the resources you need as well as online tutor support. You may need to have access to a computer and the internet to do this.
- Supporting clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
You will be assessed using the following methods:
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
Maths and English
Maths and English skills are essential for the workplace and university.
If you have not achieved a new grade 9-4 or do not hold an A* to C in GCSE maths or English, do not worry, your study programme at college will include teaching that will support you to progress your skills in these subjects. If you achieved a grade 3 or hold a D in either maths or English, you will have the opportunity to re-sit your GCSE qualification with us. If your grade was lower than a 3, or your qualification is below a D, you will study Functional Skills. These qualifications will help you enhance your maths and English skills and can be taken at levels between Entry Level 1 up to and including Level 2. Even if you have already achieved a grade 4 or above, or hold a A* to C, we will continue to develop your skills and help you progress further.
View our refund policy for 2017/18 for further and higher education programmes and full cost courses.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
You will be invited into college for an informal interview.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing
- A degree of physical fitness is necessary for physical exertion and individual participation
- You should have good communication skills as the role requires effective discussions and demonstrations with clients, as well as reading and writing.