This qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to work with individuals & groups of clients in a personal training setting.
Take our virtual tour to explore the college and take a closer look at our excellent facilities. See for yourself why it’s such a great place to be!
Congratulations on taking the next step towards an exciting new future with our range of technical and professional full-time and apprenticeship programmes. Enjoy our new TV and online adverts, and find out from our students what it is like to study at a top-performing college.
This is a technical level qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills required for a career as a sports massage therapist.
The course consists of two main elements detailed below:
- A practical element which will be delivered onsite by a fully qualified and experienced member of the sports team.
- A theoretical element which will be delivered via distance learning and on-site. For this you will receive all of the resources you need as well as online tutor support. You may need to have access to a computer and the internet to do this.
- Supporting clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
You will be assessed using the following methods:
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
Maths and English
Maths and English skills are essential for the workplace and university.
If you have not achieved a new grade 9-4 or do not hold an A* to C in GCSE maths or English, do not worry, your study programme at college will include teaching that will support you to progress your skills in these subjects. If you achieved a grade 3 or hold a D in either maths or English, you will have the opportunity to re-sit your GCSE qualification with us. If your grade was lower than a 3, or your qualification is below a D, you will study Functional Skills. These qualifications will help you enhance your maths and English skills and can be taken at levels between Entry Level 1 up to and including Level 2. Even if you have already achieved a grade 4 or above, or hold a A* to C, we will continue to develop your skills and help you progress further.
View our refund policy for 2016/17 for further and higher education programmes and full cost courses.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
You will be invited into college for an informal interview.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing
- A degree of physical fitness is necessary for physical exertion and individual participation
- You should have good communication skills as the role requires effective discussions and demonstrations with clients, as well as reading and writing.