Seasonal Sugar Craft
- Start date(s):
- 31 Oct 2017
- 8 weeks
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
This course will allow you to further your skills and develop a passion for the profession. You will gain the skills and experience needed to work in the industry. You will gain confidence, be inspired and develop a whole host of new skills to produce beautiful pieces of work.
This programme aims to provide learners with an introduction to sugarcraft. You will use a range of materials to shape characters, flowers and cake coverings. This term we will look at seasonal decorations.
- Introduction to the course
- Handmade flowers
- Cover and decorate marzipan cake with sugarcraft animal characters and flowers
- Bows and handmade accessories
- Brush embroidery technique
- Large rose, leaves and filler flowers
- Bespoke decorations for final cake
- Split, level, fill, cover and decorate madeira cake
- Decorate cupcakes using a variety of tools and techniques.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
You will be involved in practical assessments each week. Throughout the course, you will answer relevant assessment questions. Your tutor will recommend learning resources for practising at home.
Your tutor will inform you about shows that take place around the country.
Once you have completed this course you can progress on to more advanced courses which will be coming up in the New Year.
No funding is available as this is a Full Cost Course.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
View our refund policy for 2017/18 for further and higher education programmes and full cost courses.
You will need the following equipment:
- A matt or board to work on
- Rolling pin
- Icing/ fondant/ sugar paste
- Sugar paste colourings
- A knife
- Sugarcraft tools, such as a veiner and bone tool
- Six inch cake drum/ cake board
- Brush for water
- Pot for water
- Edible glue
- Cornflour puff/ icing sugar
- Kitchen wipes/cloth/kitchen roll.
You will receive a phonecall from a member of our team to discuss the course.
This course is for people with very little experience or complete beginner.