Get ready for work or university with a choice of qualifications
Choosing what college or sixth form to go to after school is probably one of the most difficult, and life changing decisions you'll make, but it is also the start of an exciting new journey!
Why choose New College Durham?
- We are a top performing general further education college in the North East and nationally.
- A huge range of courses.
- 94.4% of our further education students passed their course. (SFA National Achievement Rate Tables, 2015/16)
- 92.5% of our further education students progressed to further study or employment. (NCD destination data, 2016/17)
- A welcoming environment and fantastic support to ensure every student achieves their full potential.
- Extensive state-of-the-art facilities for both real-life vocational education and academic study.
- A travel scheme for 16-18 year old full-time students and a wide range of student benefits, plus financial assistance for those who need it (reviewed annually).
- Life changing experiences and opportunities.
A vocational course is practical and is related to a specific career, rather than an academic subject. It will give you the skills and knowledge you need for employment.
Staying at school might seem like the easiest option but take time to explore other opportunities.
Watch our new TV adverts to get a glimpse of what it’s like to study at one of the top-performing colleges in the North East.
If you want to get back into education, this course will provide you with an entry qualification to progress to a wide range of degrees and other higher education programmes.