As a member of the Football Development Centre you will receive coaching from our professional Football coaches including an NUFC coach, sports scientists and strength & conditioning coaches. As an Academy student you get:
- 10 hours of professional coaching, training and playing per week
- individual player assessment and analysis of your performance and fitness
- opportunities to represent the Football Development Centre in the English Colleges Football League
- the possibility of representing England at International level
- the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications
You will study a Level 2 or 3 nationally recognised qualification heavily related to football. Example units are:
- Technical & Tactical Skills
- Fitness Training
- Analysis for Sport
- Sports Psychology
For further Information contact the Football Development Centre Manager on 0191 375 4438.
Clothing and Equipment
Members of the Football and Rugby Development Centres will be required to contribute towards specific training equipment. This equipment is subsidised by the College and is ordered when you become a member of the Development Centres.