New College Durham will protect the privacy of visitors to this website and ensure that all personal data supplied is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The College is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998, please see our Data Protection Policy for more detail.
New College Durham will only collect and use personal information that you have provided to us via this website for the purpose(s) for which you have provided that information (e.g. in order to send you an application form or deal with an enquiry).
New College Durham will not pass personal information sent to us via the website to any third parties unless you have consented to this or it is required by law.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use this site. We do this to identify where improvements could be made and to see which pages are the most used. Google Analytics stores information about which pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
We use Google analytics cookies _utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz to record how many people are using the NCD website and how they move around the site once they've arrived:
- _utma tracks how many times (if any) you have visited the website before.
- _utmb and _utmc are connected, and track how long you stay on the site.
- _utmz tracks identifies where you've come from e.g. from a search engine or from another website.
- _utma: Expires 2 years after your last visit to this site.
- _utmb: Expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- _utmc: Expires when you close your browser.
- _utmz: Expires 6 months after it was last set