Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Community Fire Safety
- Start date(s):
- 1 Aug 2020
- 2 years
- Level 2
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Campus, Work Based
- Attendance Pattern:
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Tuition fees paid by employer. Enquire for more information.
This apprenticeship programme will provide you with an understanding of the principles of fire prevention and protection. You will carry out safe practices when working within the community and will understand how to reduce arson.
This apprenticeship programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to prevent and reduce the risk of arson. You will understand the principles of fire prevention and protection and will carry out safe practices when working within the community.
Mandatory units are as follows:
- Understand factors affecting road safety
- Understand fire safety in the home
- Understand how to reduce risk of arson
- Understand how to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults in the fire and rescue sector
- Understand principles and practices of Home Safety Checks
- Understand principles of fire prevention and protection
- Understand safe practices when working within the community
- Understand prevention of risks posed by substance use in relation to community.
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
You will be employed full time within the fire service and will attend college for theory. You will also be observed in the workplace by an assessor to show competance.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
You will have an interivew with County Durham And Darlington Fire And Rescue Service and our Public Services team.
You will need to apply through County Durham And Darlington Fire And Rescue Service recruitment process.