Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Human Resource Support (CIPD)
- Start date(s):
- 1 Aug 2020
- 2 years
- Level 3
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Awarded by:
- CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development)
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Tuition fees paid by employer. Enquire for more information.
This qualification is ideal for those who are new to HR. You will attend college on an evening to complete the CIPD Level 3 Certificate in HR, to allow you to become an associate member of CIPD
Providing a firm foundation in key areas of HR, as well as an understanding of HR in a business context, the programme will also help you develop practical, relevant skills and above all, provide you with the confidence to be more effective at work.
The Certificate in HR Practice is a foundation-level qualification (equivalent to NVQ/SVQ Level 3) and is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the professional membership criteria.
For more information, please contact Admissions on Live Chat
This programme aims to provide you with a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional HR Practitioner, whether their role is generalist in nature or specialist.
This course is also available as an apprenticeship programme. Search for 'Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Human Resource Support (CIPD)'.
Whether you are an apprentice or decide to pay your own fees, you will all complete the following modules:
- Developing Yourself as an Effective Human Resources - You will develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional practitioner. You will develop a PDP which meets their personal and professional requirements and is linked to the CIPD Map.
- Understanding Organisations and the role of Human Resources - You will understand human resources within an organisation and the environmental context. You will appreciate how HR activities support an organisation’s strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives and how these are shaped by internal and external factors.
- Recording, Analysing and Using Human Resources Information - The unit looks at a range of data that can be used in HR including planning, recruitment and selection, performance and reward management, absence management and disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Resourcing Talent - in this unit you will learn about the importance of effective recruitment and selection and understand how to consistently apply rules and regulations to this process. You will understand the importance of the law and gain practical experience of writing job descriptions, person specifications and taking part in an interview.
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management - You will understand the employment relationship and the key parties that are involved within it. It then focuses on different aspects of HR activity, looking at good practice and legal requirements within each activity linked to performance and reward management.
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities- You will review the essential stages of preparing for and delivering an inclusive and effective L&D activity for a group of learners.
Modules are subject to change by the course team.
You will work for a minimum of 30 hours per week, plus take part in training for approximately 1 day. The exact working and training hours will be dependent upon the needs of the employer.
Teaching & assessment
Each session includes taught theory and seminar activities. The sessions are inclusive and develop your knowledge and practice of being a HR practitioner. Each of the sessions are interactive so you can apply the theory to practice. Each unit has an assessment which has been designed and written by CIPD..
You are required to do 20% off the job training and you will work with you own individual apprenticeship skills coordinator to plan this.
We have links with the CIPD North East Branch and encourage all students to attend at least one of their events per academic year. These are based in the region and provide excellent support and advice, usually free of change.
We have industry links with ACAS, CIPD and professional organisations who may come in and deliver guest speaker slots throughout the programme.
Professional body registration:
You will need to sign up for a CIPD student membership. For up to date costs please visit CIPD website.
You may choose to progress to a Level 5 CIPD programme at New College Durham and/or gain employment within the industry.
for additional information relating to this qualification, and membership requirements.
You must purchase a CIPD membership at the start of the programme as this is an essential requirement for you to work in HR. CIPD may withhold your certificate on completion if you do not hold a membership.
If you are interested in this course, please apply online and you will be invited to an informal interview with the programme lead. Please bring with you evidence of previous qualifications.
Ideally, you will hold Level 2 or GCSE English and maths at grade 4 (C) or above, otherwise you will be required to study to complete them alongside the apprenticeship programme.
If you are applying for the HR Support Apprenticeship, you must be in a suitable position to demonstrate the appropriate standards. For more information on these standards please click here
or contact the course team.