Level 3 Apprenticeship Exercise and Fitness
- Start date(s):
- 1 Aug 2020
- 2 years
- Level 3
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Awarded by:
- Active IQ (Active International Qualifications)
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Tuition fees paid by employer. Enquire for more information.
This apprenticeship is designed for those wishing to pursue a career as a personal trainer in the sport and fitness sector.
This course combines study with practical learning on-the-job. You will attend college on a day-release basis while employed and working as an apprentice personal trainer.
You will gain evidence from your place of work, which will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship programme will provide you with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required to pursue a successful career in personal training.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
- Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes
- Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
- Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
You will work for a minimum of 30 hours per week, plus take part in training for approximately 1 day. The exact working and training hours will be dependent upon the needs of the employer.
Teaching & assessment
You will work for a minimum of 30 hours per week, and take part in training for approximately 1 day. The exact working and training hours will be dependent upon the needs of the employer.
You can progress onto a Foundation degree in Applied Sport & Exercise Science or a BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Development at New College Durham, or go into full-time or part-time employment as a personal trainer.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
4 GCSEs at 4/C and above, including maths and English. A Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification would be desirable but not essential.