Level 3 Award Education & Training
- Start date(s):
- 08 Sep 2020, 26 Oct 2020
- 15 weeks
- Level 3
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Daytime, Evening
- Awarded by:
- City & Guilds
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Full Cost Course - £475
(previous year's fees)
This part-time course offers you an introduction to teaching, and will provide you with the basic qualification required to work in the education and training sector.
You will gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the components required for a successful learning plan, and will be encouraged to experiment with various resources and teaching methods to ensure your sessions are engaging for learners.
This programme is designed as an introduction to teaching and covers all the basic requirements for education and training. The awarded qualification is considered the minimum standard for anyone working in the education and training sector.
Aims are as followed:
- To understand the rules and responsibilities in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of the learners
- To successfully sequence a learning plan, and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
You could progress to a Certificate in Education programme at New College Durham or university.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
View our refund policy for further and higher education programmes (page 2) and full cost courses.
You will be invited to attend an interview in the College, with a member of the Education team.
Please bring certificates for all qualifications including GCSE English.
You will hold a grade C in GCSE English or equivalent.