Level 3 Certificate Human Resource Practice (CIPD)
- Start date(s):
- 07 Sep 2020
- 1 year
- Level 3
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Awarded by:
- CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development)
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
(previous year's fees)
The Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP) provides a firm foundation in key areas of HR, as well as an understanding of HR in a business context.
It will help you develop practical, relevant skills and above all, provide you with the confidence to be more effective at work.
The Certificate in HR Practice is a foundation-level qualification (equivalent to NVQ/SVQ Level 3) and is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the new professional membership criteria.
This course runs on an evening and has various start dates across the academic year. For more information, please contact Admissions on Live Chat.
We offer a wide range of degrees, higher apprenticeships and professional qualifications. Find out how our flexible higher education programmes have progressed the career of our ex-students!
Take our virtual tour to explore the college and take a closer look at our excellent facilities. See for yourself why it’s such a great place to be!
This programme aims to provide you with a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional HR Practitioner, whether their role is generalist in nature or specialist.
This course is also available as an apprenticeship programme. Search for 'Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Human Resource Support (CIPD)'.
Whether you are an apprentice or decide to pay your own fees, you will all study the following modules to complete the certificate qualification. These are:
- Developing Yourself as an Effective Human Resources - You will develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional practitioner. You will develop a PDP which meets their personal and professional requirements and is linked to the CIPD Map.
- Understanding Organisations and the role of Human Resources - You will understand human resources within an organisation and the environmental context. You will appreciate how HR activities support an organisation’s strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives and how these are shaped by internal and external factors.
- Resourcing Talent - in this unit you will learn about the importance of effective recruitment and selection and understand how to consistently apply rules and regulations to this process. You will understand the importance of the law and gain practical experience of writing job descriptions, person specifications and taking part in an interview.
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management - You will understand the employment relationship and the key parties that are involved within it. It then focuses on different aspects of HR activity, looking at good practice and legal requirements within each activity linked to performance and reward management.
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities - You will review the essential stages of preparing for and delivering an inclusive and effective L&D activity for a group of learners.
Modules are subject to change by the course team.
Average number of hours per week
Day and time of study will be confirmed before the start of your course.
Teaching & assessment
Each session includes taught theory and seminar activities. The sessions are inclusive and develop your knowledge and practice of being a HR practitioner.
Sessions are interactive so you can apply the theory into practice. Each unit has an assessment which has been designed and written by CIPD.
We have links with the CIPD North East Branch and encourage all students to attend at least one of their events per academic year. These are based in the region and provide excellent support and advice, usually free of change.
We have industry links with ACAS, CIPD and professional organisations who may come in and deliver guest speaker slots throughout the programme.
Professional body registration:
You will need to sign up for a CIPD student membership. For up to date costs please visit CIPD website.
There are no formal work placement requirements for this programme.
You may choose to progress to a Level 5 CIPD programme, or gain employment within the industry.
You may be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan which can contribute to some of the course fee. For more information on course costs, please contact Admissions on Live Chat.
for additional information relating to this qualification, and membership requirements.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
For more information on course costs, please contact Admissions on Live Chat.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
You must purchase a CIPD membership at the start of the programme as this is an essential requirement for you to work in HR. CIPD may withhold your certificate on completion if you do not hold a membership.
If you are interested in this course, please apply online and you will be invited to an informal interview with the programme lead. Please bring with you evidence of previous qualifications.
This qualification is open entry but specifically aimed at those new to HR; those interested in a move into HR; those working in HR in a support role and wish to develop their knowledge and skills; line managers involved in HR and who have responsibility for HR activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function; HR staff that do not have sufficient qualifications to undertake CIPD intermediate or advanced level qualifications.
You must hold Level 2 in maths and English.