Level 3 Certificate Personal Training
- Start date(s):
- 22 Feb 2021
- 17 weeks
- Level 3
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Awarded by:
- Active IQ (Active International Qualifications)
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Full Cost Course - £860
(previous year's fees)
This qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to work with individuals & groups of clients in a personal training setting.
Take our virtual tour to explore the college and take a closer look at our excellent facilities. See for yourself why it’s such a great place to be!
Enjoy our new TV and online adverts, and find out from our students what it is like to study at a top-performing college.
This is a technical level qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills required for a career as a sports massage therapist.
The course consists of two main elements detailed below:
- A practical element which will be delivered onsite by a fully qualified and experienced member of the sports team.
- A theoretical element which will be delivered via distance learning and on-site. For this you will receive all of the resources you need as well as online tutor support. You may need to have access to a computer and the internet to do this.
- Supporting clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
You will be assessed using the following methods:
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
There is no formal requirement to undertake a work placement, however, relevant work experience would be beneficial.
Successful completion of the course will allow you to gain employment within an organisational setting, or become self-employed. It also provides access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
View our refund policy for further and higher education programmes (page 2) and full cost courses.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
No funding is available as this is a Full Cost Course.
You will be invited into college for an informal interview.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing
- A degree of physical fitness is necessary for physical exertion and individual participation
- You should have good communication skills as the role requires effective discussions and demonstrations with clients, as well as reading and writing.