Level 5 Diploma Human Resource Management (CIPD)
- Start date(s):
- 9 Sep 2019
- 1 year
- Level 5
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Daytime, Evening
- Accredited by:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Awarded by:
- CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development)
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Currently unavailable
This programme is ideal for staff who are currently working in HR or have completed the Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice. The course follows the Level 3 Certificate and will allow you to further develop your knowledge and practical application in key areas of HR and the wider business context.
The Diploma is an intermediate-level qualification (equivalent to NVQ/SVQ Level 5) and is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the new professional membership criteria - completion of the course leads to CIPD membership.
This course runs on an evening and has various start dates across the academic year. For more information, please contact Admissions on Live Chat.
You will develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by Human Resource Professionals and will assess your own strengths and areas for development.
This course is also available as an apprenticeship programme. Please search for 'Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship Human Resource Management (CIPD)' for more details, or contact our Apprenticeship Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Developing Professional Practice: Develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by Human Resource Professionals. Assessing your own strengths and areas for development.
- Business Issues in the Context of HR: Investigating key developments in the business and external contexts within which HR operates. Examining HR role in strategy formulation and implementation.
- Employment Law: An overview of employment laws to develop an understanding of the role of HR and the importance of taking account of legal requirements when carrying out their role.
- Using Information in HR: Develop skills of research and enquiry in order to enable learners to identify appropriate data sources to support an investigation into an area of HR practice and present this through a formal business report.
- Resourcing and Talent Planning: Understand key contemporary labour market trends and their significance for workforce planning. Develop understanding of talent planning and recruitment activities.
- Managing and Coordinating the HR Function: Understand the purpose and key objective of the HR function in contemporary organisations. Understand how HR objectives are delivered in different organisations and how the HR function can be evaluated.
- Employee Engagement: Understand the concept and components of employee engagement and its importance to both employers and employees. Know how to implement HR strategies and practices to raise levels of employee engagement.
- Developing and Using Consultancy Skills: Develop an understanding of the meaning of consultancy and the comment stages in the consulting process. Know how to work with a client to agree a learning and development solution and provide support whilst implementing this.
All modules are subject to change by the curriculum team.
Day and time of study will be confirmed before the start of your course.
Teaching & assessment
Each session includes taught theory and seminar activities. You will be required to work towards standards set by the CIPD.
The sessions throughout the course are inclusive and develop your knowledge and practice of being a HR practitioner. Each session will be interactive so you can apply the theory to practice. Each unit has an assessment which has been designed and written by CIPD.
Each unit is different and CIPD provide us with these in September each year. You will have tutorials with your course tutor, to help you with your assessments. You will be required to spend approximately 2-3 hours per week working on the assessment outside of the lesson. Once all modules have been internally and externally moderated by CIPD then you will receive your certificate.
We have links with the CIPD North East Branch and encourage all students to attend at least one of their events per academic year. These are based in the region and provide excellent support and advice, usually free of change.
We have guest speakers that come into college to provide an update on current practice. ACAS also run a session once per year.
for additional information relating to this qualification, and membership requirements.
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
For more information on course costs, please contact Admissions on Live Chat.
No funding is available as this is a Full Cost Course.
You must purchase a CIPD membership at the start of the programme as this is an essential requirement for you to work in HR. CIPD may withhold your certificate on completion if you do not hold a membership.
You will hold a Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice or will be working in a relevant HR role.