Course details may be subject to change.
This qualification will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or a career in the hospitality sector.
You will gain an introduction to the hospitality industry, including food preparation and cooking, and food and drink service.
You will also be provided with an introduction to health and safety and food safety in a catering environment.
No formal requirements for entry to this course. A good level of English and maths is beneficial.
You will complete an initial assessment to identify you suitability to the course.
Kits & Uniforms
You will be required to purchase a uniform, knife set and course handbook at approximately £250. Please ask about receiving funding for this.
What are the next steps?
You will be invited into college to attend a meet the tutor chat.
You will study the following modules:
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Basic Food Preparation and Cooking
- Preparing and Serving Drinks
- Introduction to Food Commodities
- Using Kitchen Equipment
- Health and Safety and Food Safety Awareness in Catering
- Introduction to Kitchen Equipment
- Preparing and Displaying Salads and Sandwiches for Service
- Introduction to Pastry and Cake Preparation and Cooking Methods
- Assisting at a Hospitality Event
- Legislation in Food and Beverage Service
- Food and Beverage Service Skills
- Prepare and Clean a Food Area and Appliances
- Food Safety in Catering
Times of Delivery
You will receive your timetable before the start of term.
Any times indicated are based on current courses and may be subject to change in future years. Full timetables will be confirmed at the start of each course.
Teaching and Assessment
You will complete the following:
- Practical Observations
- Short Question Answers Papers
- Multiple Choice Papers
After completing the course, you will be able to progress into employment or a City & Guilds Diploma in:
- Culinary Skills
- Professional Cookery
- Professional Food & Beverage Service