Course details may be subject to change.
This culinary skills course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge required to progress in the catering and hospitality sector.
It is perfect for you if you would like to gain employment as a professional chef. The course has been designed with industry specialists to ensure you are gaining the skills required by employers.
4 GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English and maths or Functional Skills Level 1
Kits & Uniforms
You will need to purchase a uniform and kit from our supplier, Russums. You will receive a list at your interview.
What are the next steps?
You will meet with a course tutor to find out more about the course, discuss which course is right for you and see the facilities. Please bring your GCSE grades/predicted grades or any other relevant qualifications.
- Prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook poultry
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains and egg dishes
- Developing skills for employment in the catering and hospitality industry
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce paste products
Times of Delivery
Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm Friday - 9am - 4pm
Any times indicated are based on current courses and may be subject to change in future years. Full timetables will be confirmed at the start of each course.
Teaching and Assessment
You will be assessed using the following methods:
- Observational assessment
- Written assessments
- Craft cookery test exam
- Short answer question papers.
You could progress to a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery (Kitchen and Larder) or Hospitality Supervision and Leadership at NCD.