Why study performing arts at New College Durham?
- Level 3 timely success rates for the whole study programme are 93%, well above the national average.
- Student productions are rehearsed and performed under professional conditions in industry venues.
- You can also achieve UCAS credits from national recognised graded exams in music theory, music theatre, singing and instrumental.
- All music students receive one-to-one instrumental lessons with a specialist and our Level 3 music students are current North East Skills competition winners.
- Our performing arts students are accepted into top acting schools including New York Institute of Performing Arts, Rose Bruford College and Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.
We have some excellent facilities for music and performing arts students including dedicated performance and practice spaces, MIDI suite for song writing and production, professional recording studio, fully equipped drama studio with professional lighting rig, dance studio and rehearsal room and Estill singing technique.
Live performance is what it's all about so we actively encourage our students to get as much experience as possible.
Find out about the exciting activities our performing arts students take part in whilst studying at New College Durham.