Take your skills for the game to the next level by joining one of our development teams.
|Open Age Team
||This team welcomes players of all ages and abilities.
||A team for players aged 19 and under who enjoy playing football and want to improve their skills.
||Beginners and experienced players of all ages can improve their game in our women's team.
Players in our development teams will:
- Receive £200 worth of official Newcastle United kit to play and train in.
- Take part in 9 hours of football training per week with UEFA licensed coaches.
- Play weekly matches in the North East College League.
- Have access to impressive training facilities at New College and Consett AFC.
- Access state-of-the-art performance and analysis equipment e.g. Catapult Sports performance tracking system.
- Play home games at top venues including Consett AFC Belle View Stadium.
- Get free travel to and from New College to Consett AFC for training and home games.
- Enjoy opportunities for player specific training e.g. goalkeeper training.
Development Team Entry Requirements
Players must be enrolled on a full-time sports course at New College Durham which will be discussed on application.
All Development team players must be aged 19 or under.
Women’s team and Open Age team players may be any age.
This team offers outstanding opportunities for talented footballers who want a career in football.