Our Football Development Centre gives talented young players, aged 16+, the chance to combine academic studies with practical football experience and is designed to bridge the gap between grassroots and academy football.
All players who would like to be part of the Football Development Centre must come along to our summer training camps.
At the camps, you will take part in technical and tactical coaching sessions and play practice matches.
Our coaches will be on hand throughout to assess your performance so they can place you in the team that best suits your skills and ability.
- + Games programme
- You will represent New College Durham and Newcastle United Foundation in the EFL Community and Education Football Alliance, NECL and Cups.
- You will play against other Premier League and Football League representative teams such as Newcastle United, Leeds United, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland, respectively.
- + Training
- Will include four days of football training per week, including a weekly fixture.
- You will train with UEFA qualified coaching team, led by head coach, Ronnie Thompson.
- Follow coaching syllabus that mirrors Newcastle United Academy.
- GK specific training.
Learn more about the strength and conditioning training, performance analysis and professional nutrition advice you will benefit from.
Discover the additional benefits of becoming a player and learn more about studying sport at New College Durham.