Need help with the cost of travelling to college? You might be eligible for financial support through our travel scheme.
Full-time Further Education Students Only
Travel support is in place for
- Students aged 16 or over but under 19 at 31 August 2023.
- Aged 19 or over on 31st August 2023 with an Education Health Care Plan.
- Aged 19 or over on 31st August 20223and continuing a study programme that you started aged 16 to 18 (19+ continuers).
- Enrolled on a full-time course as defined by New College Durham.
- You live more than 2 miles from (College to your home address or College to your home address)
Support will be provided as follows;
- Fully funded - household income is less than £60,000 and have applied for bursary support.
- Contribution of costs required - household income is greater than £60,000 but less than £99,999, a contribution of £75 must be made and evidence of household income provided.
- Household income over £99,999 – not eligible for support.
How to collect or download your bus pass...
You will receive an email when your NCD bus pass is ready to collect.
When it is ready, please visit our Access Fund team in room Or0.28 (opposite Costa) during the times below:
Monday-Thursday 8.30am-1pm and 2pm-5pm
Fridays 8.30am-1pm and 2pm-4.30pm
Unable to collect your bus pass before the start of term?
Please get in touch below and our Access Fund team will post your bus pass - please provide them with your current home address.
Go North East
You will receive an email when your NCD bus pass is ready to download
- Download the Go North East app from the App Store or Google Play
- Sign up using the same email address that you registered for your bus pass with
- Your activation code may take up to 48 hours to come through
- Activate your bus pass before you travel (you will need internet to do this)
- Scan the QR code on your ticket when travelling with Go North East
Worried about accessing your ticket?
You will be issued a code to activate your ticket. Once your ticket is activated, you will not need data each time to use your ticket.
Where a student does not qualify for support from the bursary funding for transport support, subject to the student meeting key eligibility criteria the college may pay for transport support from its own funds.
If you’d like more information please contact the Access Fund
Further information relating to the travel scheme is stated in our FE Access Fund Policy 16 -19.