Leaner Development Co-ordinator (LDC)
Our LDC designs and delivers tutorial sessions and can provide advice, information and support on a range of issues, including:
- Substance Issues (drugs, alcohol, smoking)
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Relationships, Sex and Contraception
- Staying Safe
- Safeguarding Issue & Bullying.
The LDC can provide one to one support on a rage of academic and welfare issues, however the LDC is not a counselling service, but a listening, advocacy and where appropriate a sign posting service. They can provide support on a range of issues including:
- Academic or Disciplinary Issues
- Substance Misuse including Smoking Cessation
- LGBTQ+ and Gender Identity
Contraception and Sexual Health (CASH)
- The LDC runs the college’s confidential C-Card scheme that is accessible to all students under the age of 25 years.
- The LDC also offers a pregnancy testing and support service for students but this is by appointment only.
- STI Screening
- Referral to emergency contraception and other CASH/GUM services where appropriate.
For Further Information:
The LDC is located in the Students’ Union Office (SP10) behind Starbucks in the Sport and Music Building.
The Students’ Union is open:
Telephone: 0191 375 4546