Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management (CIPD)
- Start date(s):
- 16 Sep 2019
- 1.5 years
- Level 7
- Course Code:
- Study Mode:
- Part Time
- Attendance Type:
- Attendance Pattern:
- Daytime, Evening
- Framwellgate Moor Campus
- Course costs:
- Currently unavailable
This programme is validated by CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development)
This post-graduate level qualification is designed to enable you to develop and implement creative strategic HR solutions in your workplace.
You will further develop your leadership skills to ensure you are capable of engaging members of staff. You will learn good practice strategies for ethical staff recruitment, selection and dismissal. The final project will involve investigating a HR problem within your own organisation, and developing recommendations and solutions based on primary and secondary research.
Take our virtual tour to explore the college and take a closer look at our excellent facilities. See for yourself why it’s such a great place to be!
We offer a wide range of degrees, higher apprenticeships and professional qualifications. Find out how our flexible higher education programmes have progressed the career of our ex-students!
This qualification is ideal for those who are currently working in HR or have completed the Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice
This programme is a widely recognised professional qualification and aims to provides a route to CIPD Chartered Member status.
At the end of the programme, you will be given the opportunity to top up your Level 7 Certificate to a full Masters in HRM at New College Durham. This is achieved by adding to your management project.
- Human Resource Management in Context - This unit will focus on contemporary organisations and how HR shapes HR strategies. It will look at globalisation and international factors.
- Employee Engagement - This unit will focus on characteristics of effective leadership, flexible working and integrated HRM/HRD and how you can really get your staff engaged.
- Employment Law - This will focus on the key principles that underpin UK law and upcoming developments. You will provide advice through case study approach.
- Leadership and Management Development - This unit will focus on the concepts of leadership and management and how HR works ethically in a global context and works with staff to encourage CPD.
- Resourcing and Talent Management - This unit focuses on retaining staff, recruitment, selection and dismissal within a global context and enables you to review good practice strategies.
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership - This unit develops your skills as a HR Professional. This unit is delivered throughout the whole 15 months of the programme and through workshops to demonstrate the skills you have developed.
- Investigating a Business Issue from a Human Resources Perspective - This unit allows you to investigate a HR problem within your own organisation and develop some recommendations and solutions based on primary and secondary research. This unit runs through the summer until December where you have the opportunity for one-to-one tutorials
- Leading, Managing and Developing People.
Modules are subject to change by the course team.
Average number of hours per week
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
Teaching & assessment
You will engage in the following to build up your knowledge to complete both formative and summative assessments for each unit:
- Case studies
- Case law
- Topical and up-to-date research
- Group activities
- Individual work.
Two modules have exam based assessments, the remaining are based on CIPD set assessments which include a variety of formats.
Each unit includes 50% formative (on going) assessment where you will collect evidence to demonstrate the achievement of the criterion through workshops. The remaining 50% of each module is assessed through external assessment. This could be a group presentation, written report or essay style answers.
Maths and English
Maths and English skills are essential for the workplace and university.
Guest speakers from a range of industries including ACAS are invited into the college to come and discuss trends and developments in this area.
Professional body registration:
At the end of the programme you will achieve Associate Membership. You can upgrade to Chartered Membership at the end of the programme (based on qualifications and experience).
You could progress to a master's top-up at New College Durham (new for September 2017 - subject to validation).
Please note these prices are for the current academic year and may be subject to change for our courses starting in future years.
For more information on course costs, please contact ASC
or email email@example.com.
Find out more about course fees and financial support for UK, EU and non-EU students, plus how to pay your fees.
CIPD membership fee is required (currently £143.00).
Interviews are usually carried out over the telephone at a pre-arranged time, however, these can be face-to-face should you wish to come into the college. We will ask you about your current role, qualifications and HR experience to ensure that this programme is right for you. The interview will take approximately 20 minutes and it is quite informal.
Find out more information about your college interview.
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System Credits:
Ideally, you will have completed the CIPD Level 5 programme, or be a graduate, and have relevant HR experience.