Course details may be subject to change.
The programme will help you to develop middle management skills and you will have the opportunity to link theory to practice. This course runs on an evening and has various start dates across the academic year. For more information, please contact Admissions on Live Chat.
You will hold:
- Level 2 maths and English (or you will be required to study these to complete alongside the apprenticeship programme)
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- And/or experience working in a relevant management role
What are the next steps?
You will attend an informal interview. Please bring evidence of your previous qualifications.
This apprenticeship qualification is ideal for Middle Managers, Operations Managers, Divisional Managers, Store Managers, Heads of Departments or specialist managers.
Your current role will involve strategic planning, delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, talent management and supporting individuals through coaching and mentoring.
This CMI programme will lead to Membership of CMI (MCMI). The qualification can be funded through the apprenticeship and the fee is dependent on whether your employer pays the levy or not.
Typical modules studied include the following – modules are subject to change by the course team:
- Management and Leadership in an organizational context
- Developing, managing and leading individuals and teams
- Managing projects to achieve results
- Creating and delivering operational plans
- Managing Change
- Managing stakeholder relationships
- Using reflective practice
- Managing finance
Teaching and Assessment
This programme is delivered via blended learning in partnership with Mindful Education. You will attend a face-to-face session on site at New College Durham every other week and engage in online learning via the Mindful Education platform.
Each session includes taught theory and seminar activities. The sessions are inclusive and develop your knowledge and practice of being a manager.
Sessions are interactive so you can apply the theory into practice. Each unit has an assessment which has been designed by the course team and approved by the CMI.
You could progress to a relevant Level 7 CMI qualification at New College Durham.