Why choose New College Durham?
As a degree level graphic design or film & media student, you will have access to our bespoke Creative & Digital Centre.
We offer a Foundation Degree in Film and Media Production, and a proposed top-up degree in Film and Media Enterprise (which is pending validation).
At New College Durham you will:
- Receive an excellent level of individualised support, achieved through small groups, allocation of a personal tutor and consistency in lecturing staff across modules and years of study.
- Have access to industry standard and cutting-edge equipment including a 4K TV studio, 4k cinema cameras and lenses, 360 video and virtual reality kits.
- Gain opportunities to work with clients on large scale and pioneering projects with national and international scope.
- Benefit from enterprise skills being ‘built-in’ to the programme delivery (with a focus at Level 6), including work with Young Enterprise and the Durham City Incubator.
- Have the opportunity to ‘earn as you learn’ and incorporate paid film and media work into module assignments.
- Have the option to participate in educational trips and visits, including international (Berlin, Amsterdam, New York) and national (Aesthetica film festival, PROTO in Gateshead, shooting trips).
- Learn from an experienced and practicing lecturing team, plus a range of lectures and masterclasses delivered by industry professionals across the year.