Course details may be subject to change.
This two-year T-Level programme has been designed to meet industry needs, and is equivalent to three A-Levels.
Delivered by lecturers with extensive industry experience, you will also be supported by significant employer interaction, to encourage you to embrace the experiences of working to support midwifery practice.
This Health and Science T-Level is a technical study programme, aimed at preparing you for work, higher level apprenticeships or higher education (HE).
It will allow you to develop extensive knowledge, skills and behaviours appropriate for adult nursing. This qualification will equip you with:
- The core knowledge and core skills relevant to health
- Up to date occupational knowledge and skills that have continued currency amongst employers and others
- The necessary English, maths and digital skills
- Threshold competence that meets employer expectations and is as close to full occupational competence as possible
- Opportunities to manage and improve your own performance
You will hold five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including maths, English, and science.
You will be required to purchase a tunic for all practical and work-based activities. This tunic can be purchased from our supplier at a cost of approximately £20 (plus P&P).
What are the next steps?
You will be invited to attend an interview with a member of our team.
- Working within the health and science sector
- The healthcare sector
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
- Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching will include a variety of classroom based sessions, self-study and workplace learning activities.
Assessment is both formative and summative.
Formative assessments aim to support your learning in preparation for summative assessment. They will include a range of method, such as peer assessment, self-assessment and tutor assessment.
Summative assessments are conducted by the awarding body and will include synoptic projects, an employer-based project and exams.
Your industry placement will be assessed based on your performance in the workplace, by your work-based supervisor and your tutor.
You will complete two written examinations and an Employer-set Project (ESP).
At NCD, we have strong links with a variety of leading employers within the sector.
You will benefit from gaining knowledge and experience from industry professionals on campus and on visits to the workplace.
T-Levels are designed to give you the edge with an enhanced industry placement of a minimum of 315 hours.
T-Levels are eligible for UCAS points - please check the UCAS website for more information.
You could progress to a relevant degree or higher apprenticeship at NCD or university.