Course details may be subject to change.
The two-year T-Level programme meets industry needs and is the equivalent to three A-Levels. The programme is delivered by lecturers with extensive industry experience, and you will be supported by significant employer interaction, to encourage you to embrace the experiences of working in the adult nursing sector.
No formal requirements for entry to this course.
You will be required to purchase a tunic, that will be worn in all practical and work-based activities. This tunic can be purchased directly from our supplier at a cost of approximately £20 (plus P&P).
This Health and Science T-Level is a technical study programme, aimed at preparing young people for work, higher level apprenticeships or higher education (HE).This programme is aimed at those interested in developing extensive knowledge, skills and behaviours appropriate for adult nursing. This qualification will equip you with:
- The core knowledge and core skills relevant to health
- Up to date occupational knowledge and skills that have continued currency amongst employers and others.
- The necessary English, maths and digital skills.
- Threshold competence that meets employer expectations and is as close to full occupational competence as possible.
- Opportunities to manage and improve your own performance.
- Working within the health and science sector
- The healthcare sector
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
- Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice Providing person-centred care.
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching will be a variety of classroom based, self-study and workplace learning activities. Assessment is both formative and summative.Formative assessment of learning will be through a range of methods including peer assessment, self-assessment and tutor assessment and aims to support your learning in preparation for summative assessment.Summative assessment is undertaken through synoptic projects, an employer-based project and exams and is conducted by the awarding body.Your industry placement is assessed through your performance in the workplace by your work-based supervisor and your tutor.Core component:
- Two written examinations
- Employer-set Project (ESP).]]]Occupational specialism component: [[[Synoptic assignments
We have strong links with a variety of leading employers within this sector. We are fortunate to be able to access this knowledge and experience and not only welcome them into our environment but for us to visit their places of work, including:
- Day Care Centres
- Private Residential / Nursing Care
- Gainford Homes
- Four Seasons Health Care
- Barchester Health Care
- Hospice Care.
As part of achieving the overall T-Level programme, you are required to complete a minimum of 315 hours industry placement. To demonstrate threshold competence in adult nursing, you will be observed during their industry placement.
This T-Level study programme is eligible for UCAS points. Please check the UCAS website for more information.
You could progress to a relevant adult nursing foundaton degree or honours degree at New College Durham or university.You could find employment in one of the following sectors:
- Ambulance Support Worker
- Healthcare Support Worker in a Health Setting
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker in a Health Setting.