Course details may be subject to change.
Become familiar with working in an automotive workshop and learn how to complete routine light vehicle maintenance and carry out full inspections.
You will hold a Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance.
You will have achieved a grade 3 or above in both GCSE (or equivalent) maths and English.
What are the next steps?
You will be invited to meet the tutor. Please bring evidence of your relevant qualifications.
This course aims to:
- Allow you to progress to a relevant Level 3 course or apprenticeship
- Improve your GCSE maths and English to a grade 4 or above
- Provide you with the opportunity to take part in a meaningful work placement
- Encourage you to achieve above 90% attendance across all aspects of the study programme.
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Inspection and Replacement of Light Vehicle Suspension Dampers and Springs
- Inspection and Replacement of Light Vehicle Braking Systems & Components.
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching takes pace in both a classroom setting and an automotive workshop environment.
Your skills will be assessed in a workshop environment through a series of practical assessments.
Your knowledge will be assessed through a series of online, multiple choice exams.
Our Motor Vehicle department has a number of strong links with local and national employers in the Automotive industry. These employers deliver bespoke employability sessions and offer feedback on assessments so you can benefit from the experience of these professionals.
You will be expected to complete meaningful work placement in an automotive related setting for a minimum of 35 hours.
A successful work placement provides you with your first experience working in the automotive industry. It will help to build character, an understanding of the demands, and the knowledge of how the industry works and where you see yourself fitting in to it.
You could progress to a Level 3 course or apprenticeship in vehicle fitting.