Course details may be subject to change.
Gain the skills to cook up a storm in the kitchen with this practical production chef apprenticeship programme.
You will cover the full spectrum of food preparation and cooking, you will develop skills essential for working in any high-end establishment.
Kits & Uniforms
What are the next steps?
You will be invited to meet the tutor.
This production chef apprenticeship aims to:
- Develop your knowledge, skills and behaviour in kitchen operations
- Provide you with professional techniques to ensure you can prepare, assembly, cook and present a dish
- Teach you how to check fresh, frozen and ambient foods are fit for purpose
- Outline the procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment
- Provide you with the nutrition key for the food groups, their function and main food sources
- Develop your knowledge of nutrition, and the scope and methods of adapting dishes to meet specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs
- Emphasise the importance of following legislation and the completion of legal documentation
- Develop your communication skills with colleagues, line managers and customers
- Provide you with the business knowledge to understand the financial impact of portion and waste control, and the importance of sustainability and working to protect the environment
- Develop your understanding of how personal development and performance contributes to your success, as well as the success of the team and organisation
- Kitchen Operations and Culinary Skills
- Personal Development and Performance
Teaching and Assessment
You will take part in skills and theory lessons on a Monday at college.
You will complete formative assessments and will be provided with feedback.
Summative assessments will be completed with City & Guilds through an End Point Assessment which includes:
- An online knowledge test
- A skills observation in the workplace
- Professional discussion
You could progress to a relevant Level 3 programme.